If you’re anything like me, you probably love spending your spare change on video games. Sometimes, the games you want to buy are out of your budget, but you have Amazon gift cards from your loved ones sitting idly in your account. Can you use your Amazon Gift cards on Steam?
It is not possible to use Amazon gift cards directly on Steam. However, there are a few ways around this. One way is to purchase a Steam gift card with an Amazon gift card on Amazon, and another way is to buy a game through Amazon with Steam Code permission and then redeem the code on Steam.
Steam is a popular game delivery platform that lets users buy, download, and play games on their computers. Recently, there has been an increase in the use of Amazon gift cards on Steam. This guide will show you how to do it.
How To Use Amazon Gift Cards to Buy Steam Games?
Amazon gift cards are a great way to get discounts on Steam games. However, they can only be used on Steam if you have a US account. Here’s a complete tutorial on how to use Amazon gift cards on Steam.
1. Open Amazon Website and Log In to Your Account
First, you’ll need to open the Amazon website and log in to your account or create a new one. You can use the Amazon application if you’re on your mobile.
Remember to log into the account where you’ve already received your gift cards.
2. Select the ‘Account’ Option from the ‘Account & Lists’ Menu
Once you’re logged in, the next step is to toggle the top-right corner. Hover over the ‘Account & Lists,’ and you’ll find a drop-down menu.
Next, click on the “Account” option from the drop-down menu will show up. On the new page, click on the “Gift cards” section.
If you’re on your mobile, you’ll need to click on the user icon at the bottom and scroll down on the user page. Find the ‘Gift Card Balance’ section and select it.
3. Redeem an Amazon Gift Card
Under ‘Your Account,’ click on the ‘Gift Cards’ section to find which gift cards are available to redeem. You can either reload your balance or redeem a new gift card left in your account, whether it’s digital or bought at a physical store.
You can also check your current Gift Card balance here without redeeming a new one.
Once you have the card, scratch off the silver panel on the back to reveal the code. Please enter the code in the box to redeem it.
Select the ‘redeem gift card’ option on your mobile to scan your claim code.
If your Gift card is invalid for some reason, you can check my article on why that happens and what you should do.
4. Click on ‘Apply to Your Balance
On the next page, enter your claim code and hit “Apply to Your Balance.”
Instead of scanning, you can also manually put the code and tap on the ‘Apply To Your Balance’ tab if you’re on your mobile.
Your gift card balance will now be added to your Amazon account.
Always check the current gift card balance before purchasing a Steam game or card.
5. Buy Steam Games on Amazon
Now that your Amazon account has been credited with the funds from your gift card, you can head over to the home page and make a purchase!
The most straightforward way to spend your Gift card funds is by buying games on Amazon with Steam codes. After you make your purchase and receive the code, all you have to do is open Steam, go to Games, select Activate a Product on Steam, and follow the instructions to redeem your code.
Once you’re done, the game will appear in your library and be ready for download.
6. Buy Steam Gift Cards or Wallet Cards
Adding a Steam gift card to your Steam wallet is a great way to get extra spending money for games, in-game items, and more. And since Amazon sells just about everything under the sun, finding a gift card that fits your budget is easy.
If you don’t find your favorite Steam game on Amazon, you can buy a Steam gift card instead. You can redeem it on the Steam platform to buy that game you’ve been waiting for so long.
How To Buy Steam Games on Amazon?
It may surprise some that you can use Amazon gift cards in Steam games, but it is, in fact, possible!
The process is the same as buying any other item on Amazon. You just need to keep an eye on a couple of extra things.
- Go to the Home page of Your Amazon account.
- Type in a game’s title on the search bar at the top and hit Enter.
- Click on the most reviewed Game from the list.
- Check if the selected game has the following features: “Steam PC [Online Game Code],” “PC Code – Steam Game,” or “PC Online Game Code – Steam.” If the game is not enabled for redeeming in Steam, you’ll have to look for a different seller that does offer it.
- Once you find your game, click on ‘Add to Cart’ to review your purchase.
- Finally, buy the game/games using your amazon gift card balance in the payments section. The balance you redeemed through the gift card will immediately reflect in your current gift card balance.
- Alternatively, hit the ‘Enter A Gift Card, Voucher, Or Promotional Code’ button on the payment options page. Enter the code of your gift card manually and tap on ‘Apply.’
- Head to the ‘Digital content and devices’ menu and click on the ‘Digital games and software’ to access the Steam game you just bought.
That’s all there is to it! You can now use your purchased Steam game code to activate it on Steam.
The ‘activation key’ or code of the game can be found highlighted under the game’s title.
You’ll need to create a Steam account if you don’t already have one. Once you’re logged in, you can add the Steam game code you just bought on Amazon.
How Can You Activate the Steam Games Bought From Amazon?
If you’ve already purchased a game on amazon using your Amazon gift card, all that’s left is to activate it. Here’s how to add your Steam Game Code to your Steam account so you can start playing those games right away.
- Log in to your Steam account and go to the ‘Games’ menu.
- Select ‘Activate a Product on Steam…’ from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your code in the box that just appeared and click ‘Next.’
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish activating your Steam Game.
If you want a visual demonstration, you can watch this short video on YouTube:
Can You Convert Your Amazon Gift Card Into Steam Gift Card?
Amazon is the world’s largest online retailer. They offer a wide range of products and services, including digital gift cards. Steam is the most popular distribution platform for PC games, with over 30 million users.
Being two business giants, you may ask yourself if there’s a way to transfer gift cards from one to the other.
The answer is no—you can’t convert an Amazon gift card into a Steam gift card.
It all comes down to business. Amazon and Steam are both huge companies with a lot of clout, and they’re also direct competitors. However, as I explained above, you can use Amazon gift cards to buy Steam gift cards or Steam wallet cards on Amazon.
As you can see, even though you can’t transfer gift cards from Amazon to Steam, it’s easy to use an Amazon Gift card to purchase Steam games.
Steam gift cards are sold directly by Valve (the company that owns Steam) on Amazon at a great price. However, they sell out quickly, which is why they’re often sold by third-party retailers at a higher price.