Amazon maintains a report of all your purchases on Kindle or the main shopping website. You can use this report to keep track of your spending, especially if you’re on a budget. As a Kindle user, you may want to view your book purchase history to know how much you spend on books or cancel an order.
You can view your Kindle book purchase history by logging in to your Amazon Kindle account with your Kindle account details. Navigate to your account and click on “Orders” from the drop-down menu. Finally, select the digital order to view your Kindle book purchase history.
In the rest of this article, I’ll take you through the different ways to view your Kindle book purchase history. I’ll discuss the various options so you can choose the best. Let’s get started!
1. View Kindle Book Purchase History on a Computer
Viewing Kindle book purchase history lets you know the recent books you bought. The report lists your entire purchase history, including other items apart from books. Thus, you need to be a little creative if you want to see a complete list of the books you bought on Kindle.
A PC makes it easier to access a complete list of your content library on Kindle and the purchase history. However, you can only use this option if you can access your Kindle login account details.
Here is the procedure:
- Launch any browser on your computer.
- Search Amazon and log into your account. It should be the same account that hosts your Kindle account.
- Navigate to “Account” on the top right corner of the web browser. Alternatively, you can hover the cursor over the “Hello” section at the top and select “Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the “Manage Content and Devices” section.
- Select “Books” from the new menu. This method filters a list of all the books you purchased on your Kindle account.
It’s worth noting that you should use this approach since it singles out only the list of books you purchased on Kindle, eliminating other orders you made on Amazon. Therefore, it makes it easier to locate the specific Kindle book purchase history you want to access.
However, you can go directly to the “Orders & Returns” if you prefer the long way. If you opt for this approach, you’ll get a list of your entire purchases on Amazon. Therefore, it’s your responsibility to filter through the specific Kindle book purchase history.
2. View Kindle Book Purchase History on Your Kindle Device or App
Viewing Kindle book purchase history directly from your Kindle device is also possible. Here is the procedure:
- Open your Kindle and go to the “Library” section.
- Select the spot near the bottom of the screen to toggle between the cloud and the device. Select the cloud option.
- A list of your books is displayed. You can rearrange them by purchase date to view the most recent ones first.
Alternatively, you can connect your Kindle to the computer using a USB and open the drive. Select “Documents,” then “My Kindle Content.” The files usually contain the ASIN number.
It’s also possible to see other people’s purchase history if they have an Amazon Household account. The procedure is almost similar to the above method. The only difference is that you’ll need to select their name instead of yours. After that, you’ll be able to view their entire purchase history, including the Kindle books they bought.
The Benefit of Viewing Your Kindle Book Purchase History
People always want to view their Kindle book purchases for different reasons. The benefits of keeping track of this history include:
- Keep track of how much you spend on books: Budgeting is crucial in every family. You can use your purchase history to track how much you spend on books. This process helps you to know if you’re within your family’s budget.
- Cancel a Kindle order: Sometimes, you may have second thoughts about a purchase you made or want to return the item. If this is the case, viewing your Kindle book purchase history will help you get the order number and take the necessary steps to cancel it.
- Get an overview of your reading habits: You can use the information collected to generate a report. The report will help you know how many books you read in a given period and the genre you prefer most.
- Know the books you haven’t read: It’s possible to buy a Kindle book and forget to read it. In this case, you can recall not having read a particular book after checking your purchase history.
- To know the books yet to be downloaded: You can take advantage of the Kindle First program if you have an Amazon Prime membership. The program allows you to choose a book from a selection of pre-released books and download it for free. However, it’s only possible to do this once a month, and sometimes you may forget which book you chose—your purchase history will help you know the book you seek.
How To Download a Previous Kindle Purchase?
Before reading your books on Kindle, you must first understand how to download them. The downloading process is pretty straightforward and only requires you to have a stable internet connection. Here is how to go about it:
- Power on your Kindle and connect it to the internet.
- Navigate to the “Your Books” section and select “Cloud.”
- Click the book you want to download. The book will start downloading automatically.
- Once the download is over, the book moves to the “Device” section.
It’s also possible to download a book from your Amazon account and transfer it to read from a computer. However, you’ll need a USB cable for this process. The procedure is as follows:
- Sign in to your Amazon account and hover over the “Hello (Your Name)” section at the top of the screen.
- Click “Your Account” and select “Manage Your Content and Devices.”
- Click the “Books” tab and select the book you want to download.
- Click the “More Actions” tab on the bottom right corner and select “Download & Transfer via USB.”
- Read the on-screen instructions and connect your Kindle to the computer using a USB cable.
- Click “Download.” The book will now be downloaded and transferred to the connected computer.
The video below demonstrates this process:
Expert Tip: When connecting your Kindle to the computer, hook the smaller end of the USB to the micro-USB port at the bottom of the Kindle. The other end goes into an available USB port on your computer. You might need a USB adapter if you’re using a Mac.
How To Manage Your Kindle Book Reading Plan?
Managing your Kindle book reading plan is essential to help you stay on track. The reading plan is a great way to keep track of the books you want and the ones you’ve already read. It also allows you to set goals and achieve them over time.
An excellent way to manage your reading plan is by downloading all your Kindle book titles and keeping them in an offline document. Here is the procedure to download your Kindle book titles:
- Log in to your Amazon Kindle account. It must be the account you use to buy Kindle books.
- Navigate to “Ordering and Shopping Preferences.”
- Scroll down and click “Download Order Reports.”
- Choose the list you wish to download by entering the range dates. Alternatively, you can download the entire report by returning to the first purchase date.
- Click the “Request Report” button to download.